Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands
new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Review by Ashley C.
This is a good read from Jennifer Blackwood. This is the second read in the Rule Breaker Series. This is the comical story of Zoey and Ryder. He is a pro Snow Boarder and she is an Interior Designer, they shared a night in the past and now are forced to send quite a bit more time together, and can we say their time together is certainly full of some laughs. I think one of my favorite scenes in the book was the brownie scene, I was laughing out loud while reading this.
This book is full of some laughs and has a few serious moments mixed in as well. Jennifer did a good job of mixing the emotions. This was a first read of Jennifer’s books for me and I certainly will be looking forward to the next one in the series. I have this a solid 4 stars.